Data Engineering Graduate
Job no: 495864
Work type: Permanent
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Categories: Information Technology, Technical, Graduate
What to expect
Our Data Engineering Team play a pivotal role in supporting data and analytics across our entire organisation. Being a graduate within our Data Engineering Team will allow you to develop your skills and understanding of key data engineering concepts, working closely alongside other data teams within the organisation, such as the Data Science Team, to develop data pipelines that can be utilised to carry out analysis and reporting. You’ll have the opportunity to undertake projects collaboratively with other members of the team, and will also develop experience of completing projects yourself, with support from the team.
You’ll be working on projects that have been requested from all areas of the organisation, so you’ll also gain a broad understanding of Dwr Cymru Welsh Water, and will meet lots of new colleagues along the way. You’ll have opportunity to work with the latest extract-transform-load (ETL) technologies, particularly utilising new approaches in the cloud, will help discover new sources of data that can improve insight, and will contribute to a wider Data Team that is supportive and encouraging.
As a member of the Data Engineering Team, you will be supporting:
- The management of data used for analytics, such as predictive modelling, and reporting. You’ll have opportunity to develop a strong knowledge of data management practices, including how data can be structured and stored effectively for analysis, and kept safe and secure
- The design and implementation of key data pipelines that help us monitor data quality, build powerful models and provide insightful dashboards to colleagues
- Collaborative projects, with other members of the Data Team, providing valuable data engineering input for solutions that allow our colleagues to make key data-led decisions
A typical Data Engineering project will involve firstly liaising with stakeholders, defining how business requirements can be translated into data requirements. Then acquiring, transforming and presenting data so it can be used for analysis and reporting. Through developing an understanding of the wider Data Team, you will be provided with an appreciation of how data is best structured and presented to support analytical work.
What we need
In order to apply, you will need:
- Minimum 2:1 Degree in Computer Science/Data Science or a related subject
- Eligible to work and live permanently in the UK
- Be available to start with us 7 September 2020
In addition to this, you’ll be passionate about working with data, will be hard-working with a good eye for detail, and will contribute positively to the Data Engineering Team, making a real difference by implementing high quality solutions that bring real benefit to the organisation, and to our customers.
Applications close at 23:55 on November 22 2019
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend