Data Science Graduate
Job no: 495863
Work type: Permanent
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Categories: Information Technology, Technical, Graduate
What to expect
No two days are ever the same in the Data Science Team. You’ll be working on projects for all areas of our organisation, using a variety of machine learning, statistical and other analytical techniques to tackle key business challenges. By keeping close to new developments in a rapidly changing field, we continuously look to explore and utilise new technologies, applications and approaches in the solutions we provide to the business. By working on projects across the entire organisation, you’ll also gain a broad understanding of Dwr Cymru Welsh Water, and will meet lots of new colleagues along the way.
The Data Science team have delivered a number of important solutions to the organisation. Some examples include:
- A predictive model that helps our operational teams manage service reservoir bacteriological risk
- A sentiment tool that helps us understand how our customers are feeling
- Operational research models that look to simulate our wastewater treatment activities, so we can explore how we can optimise our processes and activities
- Software applications / solutions that help our colleagues manage and maintain operational rotas and other important health and safety requirements
A typical Data Science project will involve liaising with stakeholders and communicating complex concepts, understanding business problems and identifying appropriate technical solutions and the associated benefits. Important skills for a Data Scientist include connecting to different data sources and manipulating different data types into useful formats, utilising machine learning or statistical methods to leverage insight from data and operationalising analytics into business tools or applications. There will also be opportunity to utilise cloud analytics services, where huge compute power can be leveraged to develop complex and capable machine learning and deep learning models.
What we need
In order to apply, you will need:
- Minimum 2:1 Degree in Data Science / Mathematics / Computer Science or a related subject
- Eligible to work and live permanently in the UK
- Be available to start with us 7 September 2020
In addition to this, you’ll be passionate about working with data, will be hard-working with a good eye for detail, and will contribute positively to the Data Science Team, making a real difference by implementing high quality solutions that bring real benefit to the organisation, and to our customers.
Applications close at 23:55 on November 22 2019.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend